Thursday, August 2, 2012

3 Archetypes


The stacking technique used in Eisenmans stadium gave me the idea of making my model overlap and connect.

The isolated pieces of this design influenced me on making my building have several different sizes of the same shape spread out.

This archetype  helped me think of a way on how to connect my shapes together as a whole where the eye wont wonder off to much, and made me keep it simple.


3 chosen photographs


Overlapping - Eisenmans house 2 was one of the major influences in my building because it is similar to number IV. The shape and 90 degree columns and walls and his overlapping technique, have been used in my building.


Simplicity- The colours used on this building gave me an inside on many of Eisemans buildings, he tends to keep the colours simple and not to crazy and dramatic. So i have used only a handful of colours for my building.


Irregular - i really liked the glass openess in this building with its glass facade. I have potrayed alot of open areas in my building and have used the idea of creating an irregular shapes in my building, much like the ones Eisenman creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment